Saturday, March 26, 2011

Pit Boss XL

Midgets and Pit Bulls.....WHY!?
I don't know how to feel about this show, I'd be lying if I said it wasn't entertaining. But, it does feel a little, mean spirited of me to laugh at the antics little people get into rescuing dogs. If you know me, you know that I don't like animals. I remember a YouTube video about the girl who put her roommate's cat in the oven as a joke- I know right, but the comments under the video and the person in the video commentating on her situation really upset me. Things like "OMG SHE DISSSSERVERS TO DIE!!11!" and "I should stuff that bitch in an oven see how she feels as I lol alnite" I couldn't help but reply, "Dude, it's just a fucking cat." Which lead to at least 12 PETA Nazis to attempt to flame me. I didn't care about animal rights before, and that just solidified my viewpoint of "Fuck animals"
Back on the subject of Pit Boss. The show stars the crew of Shortywood Productions/Shorty's rescue, Shorty Rossi, Ashley Brooks, Ronald Lee Clark and Sebastian Saraceno. The show takes place in the Greater Los Angeles area and it follows their normal work as well as their work rescuing pit bulls. It may seem like a great cause to a lot of people, and it probably is, but I'm bias so I find the inter office drama and odd jobs they do to be the best part of the show. I mean cmon, "little chippendales" 

hilarious. Would this show work with regular sized people? No. The only appeal of this show sadly, is the fact that they are little people, is it exploitation? I can't say. They enjoy doing it, moreover, they don't seem to mind being elves or dressing as little hamburgers (Well they mind but they still do it.) Plus it doesn't really paint a bad image of little people it shows them as hard working, sweet hearted caring people- sometimes. I'm reminded of an episode where shorty hired a normal sized woman(she didn't last long), about my height. Perhaps an inch shorter, and shorty had no trouble hiring her, but Ashley (The receptionist) said something that disturbed me a bit. It went something like "It's weird having an average in here, it's sort of like she's trying to take our spot." In a later episode she ,being a lesbian and all, mentioned something about heterosexuals, and I know we're the majority, but chill with the typecasting, we aren't all the same and we aren't all homophobic, we don't care if you buy your girlfriend a promise ring. My girlfriend bought us matching rings but she didn't go around saying "you know, a lot of homos would find this weird, me buying us rings" So she ticks me off a bit. But other than that, it's a pretty good show and a descent conversation starter. Well, I'm late for a dog fight- catch you later.





No comments:

Post a Comment