Monday, May 16, 2011

Israel Kills Unarmed Palestinian Protesters. (What This Means to a Real American)

SMH.
The Arab Spring could possibly be one of the defining moments of my generation. Through reading comments on hundreds of news articles, various conservative and liberal message boards, as well the Facebook and twitter posts of many people, I've learned a lot of things about how Americans think. One thing that hurts me the most is that whether through media brainwashing, deep rooted prejudice or just ape-shit ignorance- A shockingly large number of Americans, don't believe in democracy. They don't believe these people should be able choose their own leaders, because it might conflict with US and Israeli interests, or as one commenter gracefully put it "these dirty towel heads are going to vote in radical jihadists and fund their Al Qaeda comrades with their dirty oil money." If you feel the same way, I can only reply, you sir/madam are a complete idiot and don't deserve to call yourself an American. 
You see, us real Americans believe in the Consent of the Governed, we believe that people have a right to freely decide who governs them and anything short of that is akin to slavery. If people grow sick and tired of being oppressed, being put down by those who they designated to protect them, they have the inalienable right to revolt and no outside force should be allowed to constantly silence the will of the people and allow the people to continually be tortured, or more often than not, killed by the oppressive government. No real American would condone these heinous actions and I'm ashamed a lot do. 
Which of course brings me to Palestine. When I first read about this story on Yahoo, I couldn't believe the pro-Israeli slant found in the article, then I rememberer, it was Netanyahu news(it's ok if you don't get the joke, I'll explain it to you, you see the prime minister if Israel- his last name is pronounced "ne-ten-ya-hoo") of course I'm joking, unlike a lot of people I know Yahoo gets news articles from various sites.(I don't remember remember where this article's source was so please forgive me.) So I went to the most neutral name in world news- CNN and something about the CNN article didn't sit right with me either, it didn't have a clear slant like the other which made me notice, my only problem with both articles is that they let Netanyahu try to defend his actions (which left 12 people dead and over a hundred wounded) and paint him as the good guy by instigating that the unarmed protesters were a threat to Israeli sovereignty. 
I repeat, the UNARMED protesters who want the Israeli government to end it's illegal occupation of their land, are threatening Israel's sovereignty..... The same people who Netanyahu and his government refuse to acknowledge as sovereign, are threatening Israel's sovereignty.... Yeah keep telling yourself that buddy, we all know what's happening. The oppressed have tried peaceful protests in the past- and gotten killed. They tried violent protests, and lost most of the world's support. But isn't social media great, you can silence and filter the press but you can no longer silence the people as you did before the explosion of social media, we know the atrocious acts you committed like dumping waste on their farmlands, bulldozing their homes, bombing their schools, and killing their children. The days of you committing violent acts of terror on these people are over. Change is coming man and you can't cover this  up. Asalamalakum.

21 comments:

  1. I wish CNN was the most neutral, but really they just pander to neutrality and the right so that they will get extra viewers instead of getting the balls to say that a lot of things happen in this world that are messed up at the hands of the powerful and at the expense of the weak, such as this shooting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just terrible. Shows how out of hand a regime can get...

    ReplyDelete
  3. man fuck religion, na wait fuck people, I hate when people are fucking stupid to each other :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. This pisses me off. Americans are willfully ignorant. I am almost ashamed to be born here. We have a lot of awesome stuff, but thats all going down the shitter thanks to our crappy politics and idiot populace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yea pisses me off for sure, one of those things no realistic step is going to be used to solve it today

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrible, terrible news. :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, those UNARMED protestors are sure one hell of a threat, let's throw everything we have at them!
    I'm not sure how to stand on this issue, it seems EVERYONE is trying to oneup the last stupid act.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is just sad how people can kill other people that haven't done anything but demonstrate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sick women it makes me angry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sick woman! She pisses me off! :@

    ReplyDelete
  11. What the hell... this is upsetting and as an american myself, I can't really understand the reasoning behind most of the things their telling us about the unarmed killings..

    ReplyDelete
  12. mmm.. thats pretty fucked up. hope there was more things in the legal system that keeps these stuff in check.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sad, I can't believe this is happening to be honest.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well at least they did that one thing... You guys know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete