Saturday, June 4, 2011

A Flag Fiasco In Virginia.


 Let me start off by saying this- We have much better things to worry about than a rainbow flag. In fact we have much better things to worry about than "Weiner-gate" or the John Edwards scandal. But hey that's the news. For some reason we're massively obsessed with other's peoples bedrooms and who's penis goes where. I feel sad that more people don't have my view- even the fact I have to keep saying this is unbelievable. I don't care what you do with your genitals,your family, your business, or your money as long as it doesn't affect my genitals, my family, my business and my money. We should discuss more important matters like providing free college education, getting people out of poverty, improving our workforce and making more "new money" to balance out the old which continue to have a grip on our politics. But hey maybe I'm just an idiot for thinking that might be important.
(R) Bob Marshall of District 13 in Virginia
 Anyway, WRIC (my local ABC Affiliate) is reporting that Del. Bob Marshall sent an angry letter to the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond urging them to remove a Gay pride flag they put up in observance of LGBT pride month. The letter reads:


"Flying the Homosexual Flag just under the American Flag outside Richmond's Federal Reserve Bank building is a serious deficiency of judgement by your organization, one not limited to social issues." 

Marshall continues,

"Moreover, the homosexual behavior 'celebrated'  by your Richmond Federal Reserve Bank spokeswoman undermines the American economy, is a class six felony in Virginia(cites code), shortens lives, adds significantly to illness, increase health costs, promotes venereal diseases, and worsens the population imbalance relating to the number of workers supporting the beneficiaries of American's Social Security and Medicare programs."
This next part is probably best read with a southern douche accent(I don't even think this guy has one but it just sounds fitting)

"The Richmond Feds endorsement of costly, anti-social, immoral behavior is rejected by 6,000 years of Western Religious and moral teaching, You want the American people to trust your judgement in economic matters when your spokesperson celebrates an attack on public morals? Why?" 

He tops off his  tirade with a Thomas Jefferson quote.


"I never did, or countenanced, in public life, a single act inconsistent with the strictest good faith; having never believed there was one code of morality for a public and another for a private man."

It ends with him trying to be the Ronald Reagan of bigotry:


"Mr.Lacker, take down that flag! Sincerely Bob Marshall" 


 Now Bob Marshall isn't new to controversy. In 2010 he came under fire for his comments about handicap children being born after a first abortion. His words were,
"The number of children who are born subsequent to a first abortion with handicaps has increased dramatically. Why? Because when you abort the first born of any, nature takes its vengeance on the subsequent children"

 Those words lead to multiple calls for his resignation include a Facebook page with over 1000 followers. Where do I begin with this guy. Lets start out with the obvious, Virginia's Sodomy statue has already been deemed unconstitutional. The Bank is not a public entity(whether or not it should be is up for debate), it has the right to do what it wants as long as it's in accordance to the law- and it is. And now, I'm going to get controversial. People- no you aren't a person you don't deserve to be in the same classification as me. Assholes like you(and that's being generous.) are the reason we have gay teens killing themselves.
 This "holier than thou" thought policing, bigoted mindset is what's destroying this nation's youth. People like you indoctrinate children into believing two things- Homosexuality is bad and If I'm gay I'm evil. You give these people low self-esteem and you raise your children to hate others,hate themselves or possibly both. You're a living example of a douche bag.  People like you, who try to force their personal beliefs onto others, and then bitch about them trying to force theirs on you, are the lowest lifeforms on the planet you scummy parasitic hypocrite. The Bible says do unto other and you'd want them to do unto to you. Love thy neighbor.But you don't give a flying shit about those parts do you? I'm ashamed to call you a Virginian, I'm ashamed to call you a Christian and I'm outraged bigots like you are chosen to represent not only my great state but the religion of billions of people. Facilis descensus averno. That's da fucking truth.
 Support the Resignation of Bob Marshall.

16 comments:

  1. Are there still people like this in America?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Homosexuality is illegal in Virginia?... what

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bob Marshall acts as if he is God. He and Harold Camping act like they are the worthy few to know God's intentions, and know right from wrong, even though they are the ones that end up looking fucking stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow thats a sticky situation

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's pretty ridiculous that homosexuality is illegal there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damn you got alot on your mind. I like it haha. i feel like you should be in my english class.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "homosexuality is illegal"????

    ReplyDelete
  8. Personally, I'm against gay marriage, but no one should be denied basic civic rights, regardless of what they do in the privacy of their own homes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been a while since I rage'd this hard :|

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate homosexuals, it is, in my opinion, a mental illness.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perhaps I should clarify that my opinion that it is a mental illness is not based entirely upon hatred. Primarily it is based on observation. If only there were a way to rid the world of these undesirable attributes.

    ReplyDelete