Monday, July 18, 2011

Herman Cain Supports Religious Discrimination

Of bigotry and hatred. 

   Republican Presidential candidate Herman Cain supports the idea that communities should have the power to ban Mosques- Islamic houses of worship. I would say I'm surprised, but I'm not. I mean this is the same guy who said he'd make Muslims take a test to assure their loyalty to America. As strange as it sounds, I actually get where they're coming from. Unfortunately the place they are coming from is populated by morons, bigots, racists, and people who hate core American values. It's even shockingly anti-republican, if people acquire land legally they should have a right to do or build whatever they please on it as long as it's in accordance with the law. (HOAs suck.)

  On my street there's around seven Baptist churches and quite honestly I wouldn't mind if we cut that number down to about two. Seriously, there's a church that is across the street from another church and next to that church is another church. It makes driving on Sundays a huge hassle with all the traffic and lack of space in church parking lots. So, lets ban them right? No, regardless  how big of a pain in the ass it is to travel down the street on a Sunday it's still their right and they aren't breaking any laws or city codes for that matter. It's not even easy for me to rage at this because I see this all the time. Idiots who think "all Muslims hate America and want to apply Sharia Law". It's the product of ten years of fear mongering, lifetimes of deep rooted prejudices, and a stunning amount of xenophobia that makes the Red Scare look rational. I don't know how many times this needs to be said:
WE AREN'T AT WAR WITH ISLAM. 
 We are at war with extremists who make up less than 1/16 of 0.5% of all Muslims. To say otherwise is for lack of a better word, stupid. Herman Cain and people like him should not be allowed to hold high offices.The fact that Herman Cain and Michelle Bachmann are seen as legitimate presidential candidates is disgraceful to the entire GOP.  If you're gonna vote Republican- for God's sake vote Gary Johnson.

Great CNN Documentary: Unwelcome: Muslims Next Door



1 comment:

  1. I would get upset about pizza man but then I just remember he doesn't have a chance in hell of getting nominated, let alone elected.

    ReplyDelete